http://sunbeltnewme.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sunbelt-new-mexico-business-brokers-logo.gif 0 0 Tamara Johnson http://sunbeltnewme.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sunbelt-new-mexico-business-brokers-logo.gif Tamara Johnson2020-05-06 14:08:542020-05-06 14:08:54Resource Roundup - Reopen Checklist for Businesses
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham announced last week that some businesses can begin to reopen (in modified form) and that others might be able to on May 15. To help businesses prepare, the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce shared this useful checklist:
- Determine the square footage of your business and know how many customers can be inside the space at one time. Under possible new guidelines, businesses could be limited to 20% of your maximum capacity.
- Consider how you will control access. How will you control deliveries, customers and visitors? Develop a plan for different areas of your business with safety and cleaning protocols. Under possible new guidelines, businesses could be asked to have designated entrances and separate exits.
- Create a social-distancing plan to decrease density and rethink traffic patterns. Consider the possibility that you may have to install plexiglass shields at each point of sale area and/or floor signage that designates the appropriate wait line distancing.
- Reduce touch points by leaving doors open, not requiring signatures on transactions, etc. There may be a need for additional cleanings between shifts or even between customers based on foot traffic into your business.
- Will you need PPE for your employees, and can you purchase them?
- Consider signage encouraging customer facial covering.
- Have sanitizers available at entrances to your business.
- Prepare to train staff for any new protocol.
These are just a few suggestions to consider, as we move forward in opening Santa Fe businesses.