As the gateway to the Land of Enchantment, Sunbelt New Mexico has long held that New Mexico isn’t only a great place to own a business; it’s a great place to live. The Gallup’s-Healthways Well-Being Index supports our assertion. This pole has been tracking the happiest, healthiest states for the last six years. According to in-depth interviews with 176 adults in all 50 states conducted from January to December 2014, New Mexico ranks in the top 10.
What are the metric of overall well-being? According to Gallup, the five essential elements include:
- Purpose: liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Community: liking where you live, feeling safe, and having pride in your community
- Physical: having good health and enough energy to get things done daily